Prep Stuff (you know…to get you ready and motivated and organized and…stuff)
Creating new habits is not easy! But there are things you can do to set yourself up for success. Take some time to go over these ideas and start implementing them. If you notice yourself having trouble with your new habits, go back and have a look at this prep stuff. It really is the key to making change a reality.
You’ll find written downloads under the resources tabs and probably a few action blocks to check out in the action section below.
Here’s the nitty gritty of the prep you can expect:
- Cues – these are the critters that trigger habits, the ones you want and the ones you don’t want. Being aware of your cues (or triggers) is half the battle.
- Routines – like autopilot for your brain. Use it to your advantage.
- Rewards – nobody does anything without a reason. Figure out the reward you’re getting from a behaviour and you can change it.
- The 3 S’s – Structure, Schedule, System. Goals are achieved with systems, not willpower.
- Piggybacking, Autonomy and Mastery – a few of the fabulous tips and tricks you’ll be learning
Your Action Taker Tasks for this week:
- Create a page in your journal and list the cues you notice over the next few days.
- Look at the list of cues and determine the routine that follows that cue and the reard you get from it.
- Write a list of rewards that support your healthy habits
- Calculate your cheat meals number