I am not a fan of any diet that completely eliminates any food group (other than for medical reasons). In fact I am not a fan of dieting at all… just balanced, nutritious food choices based on your individual goals, style, and taste.Balanced means choosing from a variety of food groups throughout the day and week. It also means that while some food choices can be attacked with reckless abandon, others should be enjoyed in moderation.Here are my top Do’s and Don’ts to help you make the best possible choices every day.
- DO enjoy unlimited water. Ask me if you need ways to unboring water.
- DO enjoy unlimited vegetables.
- DO enjoy fruit and nuts in moderation.
- DO enjoy lots of protein from eggs, lean meat, and fish.
- DO educate yourself about dairy, soy, gluten and grain. Consider these optional but if you are cutting them out of your diet, make sure you understand why and don’t just do it because it’s the latest fad.
- DO NOT, under any circumstances, go on a fad diet.
- DO NOT, under any circumstances, take a pill to fast track weight loss.
- DO NOT put refined sugar into your body as much as humanly possible.
- DO NOT expect yourself to be perfect but DO get back on the healthy wagon every time you fall off.
- DO follow the 80/20 rule – 80% of the time eat as though you’re life depends on being insanely healthy and 20% of the time allow for cheats.
The key is to find what works for you. Anybody can be healthy for 2 weeks… you have to find a way to make healthy a fun, interesting, happy lifestyle. I am here to help in any way I can and please do not hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns.